Solr Search Platform
Apache Solr is a fast search platform from the open source Apache Lucene project.
Where Lucene is a powerful search engine framework, Solr includes an http-wrapper around Lucene so it’s ready-to-use out of the box.
Features include full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document handling, and geospatial search.
Solr is used by some of the largest companies in the world to power their public projects.
* Admin Package included: OpenVPN, SSH, SFTP, OS root access
Solr is the popular, blazing-fast, open source enterprise search platform built on Apache Lucene™.
Solr is highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover and recovery, centralized configuration and more.
Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr is a standalone enterprise search server with a REST-like API.
You put documents in it (called "indexing") via JSON, XML, CSV or binary over HTTP.
You query it via HTTP GET and receive JSON, XML, CSV or binary results.
Your Virtual Machine Specs
Your Solr Server will be running on an isolated and secure Virtual Machine with the following configuration 1 :
- CPU: 1 vCPU on 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7260U Physical Processor(s)
- Base Frequency: 2.20 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB on 32 GB DDR4-2133 Physical Memory Chip(s)
- DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 34.1 GB/s
- Disk Size: 15.56 GB on 1TB M.2. SSD Physical Storage Chip(s)
- M.2 Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Sequential Read: 530 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 510 MB/s
- Random Read IOPS: 92 K
- Random Write IOPS: 83 K
Note 1 : Virtual Machine Resources are already optimized for performance. Under extreme usage or circumstances, more resources can be easily acquired via our Add-ons section.