Openfire Chat Site
Openfire is a real time collaboration (RTC) server licensed under the Open Source Apache License.
It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber).
Openfire (previously known as Wildfire, and Jive Messenger) is an instant messaging (IM) and groupchat server that uses XMPP server written in Java and licensed under the Apache License 2.0.
Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
Write to us and ask for your credentials to the admin interface of an Openfire Demo Environment.
Your credentials will be valid for 1 day after which the Demo Environment will reset itself.
Openfire supports the following features:
- Web-based administration panel
- Plugin interface
- SSL/TLS support
- User-friendly web interface and guided installation
- Database connectivity (i.e. embedded HSQLDB or other DBMS with JDBC 3 driver) for storing messages and user details
- LDAP connectivity
- Platform independent, pure Java
- Full integration with Spark (XMPP client)
- Can support more than 50,000 concurrent users
Openfire has strong support for plugins and customized builds; there are numerous plugins available for immediate download and install via the admin console, and many installations have bespoke plugins.
Openfire allows multiple server instances to work together in one clustered environment.
There is an open-source clustering plugin based on open-source Hazelcast technology.
XMPP (also known as Jabber) is the leading open standard for presence and real-time messaging.
Since 2004, it's been an approved standard of the IETF (the same organization that standardized email and World Wide Web protocols).
A rich set of extensions to the protocol are maintained by the Jabber Software Foundation.
Today, XMPP is used by leading companies, millions of users worldwide and is the best choice for open real-time collaboration.
Open standards are critical in order to achieve a completely federated environment where real time collaboration software works seamlessly together.
This will drive the medium forward as a unified productivity tool and provide the greatest benefit to end users.
The hundreds of interoperable software products that use XMPP prove the reality of this vision.
Ignite Realtime furthers XMPP through best of breed protocol implementations, development of new protocol extensions, and participation to the XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF).
Your Virtual Machine Specs
Your Openfire Server will be running on an isolated and secure Virtual Machine with the following configuration 1 :
- CPU: 1 vCPU on 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7260U Physical Processor(s)
- Base Frequency: 2.20 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Memory: 1024 MB on 32 GB DDR4-2133 Physical Memory Chip(s)
- DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 34.1 GB/s
- Disk Size: 16.06 GB on 1TB M.2. SSD Physical Storage Chip(s)
- M.2 Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Sequential Read: 530 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 510 MB/s
- Random Read IOPS: 92 K
- Random Write IOPS: 83 K
Note 1 : Virtual Machine Resources are already optimized for performance. Under extreme usage or circumstances, more resources can be easily acquired via our Add-ons section.