Joomla! Content Management Site
Originally released in 2005, Joomla! has some very powerful features such as an intuitive WYSIWYG editor, content scheduling, SEO-friendly URLs, and more.
You won’t feel alone or stranded if you use Joomla! because the very active and vibrant community behind the CMS has contributed thousands of free and commercial plugins, offers global and local meetups (and even a Joomla! community magazine), and commits frequently to the code base.
Joomla! is one of world's most popular software packages used to build, organize, manage and publish content for small businesses, governments, non-profits and large organizations worldwide.
Joomla is supported by a large ecosystem and powers:
- Nearly 2 Millions active websites
- Over 9% of all known business websites
- Over 6% of the CMS Market World wide
- Over 3% of the entire Web!
Joomla offers a great opportunity to grow your business building websites and applications.
The rock solid code base and large global community will help you get up to speed fast.
From building websites and developing applications, developing templates or extensions or something completely new based on our framework.
With Joomla, the possibilities are endless, start using Joomla today!
Joomla! includes all the critical features needed to manage Web content, including WYSIWYG editing, a file manager, navigation manager and templating system.
It’s easy to build mobile websites and integrate RSS feeds, and Joomla! also includes built-in page caching and page compression for maximum performance.
Since Joomla! uses a modular architecture, it’s easy to add new custom functionality to a Joomla! website, by installing a community or commercial plugin or even by writing your own.
Key features of Joomla!
- Use Joomla! to tell the world about yourself and your family. Modules are available for photo galleries and social media, and it's easy to create a personal online presence that reflects your family's personality and lets you share news easily.
- Joomla! makes it easy to set up an intranet presence for your company or team. Users can be assigned different roles and privileges, and the built-in file manager makes it easy to share documents and collaborate on projects.
- Joomla! is used by large, well-known companies, including IKEA, eBay and General Electric. It supports content publishing workflows, is scalable to high workloads, and can be easily extended to support new requirements.
- Joomla! can be extended with modules for inventory and order management, shopping carts and online payments, making it easy to sell products online.
Joomla's Core Features
Here are some of the Joomla! features you will love.
- Multilingual: Offering over 70 languages.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Out of the box SEO & SEF.
- Flexible: Make a blog, business website, intranet, community website… From the simplest to the most complex website.
- Free forever: Joomla! is free to use under GPL.
- Extendable: Over 8,000 extensions are available to extend your website and broaden its functionality.
- User Management (ACL): ACL stands for Access Control List, it allows you to manage the users of your site, and different groups.
- Menu management: Create as many menus and menu items as you need.
- Cache management: Speed up your website with caching.
Awesome design features
- Template override: Achieve superior custom designs.
- Jlayouts: Allows you to render HTML from objects/arrays of data.
- Template assignment : Assign specific templates to specific pages.
- Responsive : Joomla! uses Bootstrap for perfect responsive designs.
- Do more with Less: Joomla! features LESS CSS.
- Template frameworks: Use external template frameworks or template clubs.
- Create your own: You’re able to create your own template. The only limit is your imagination.
Content editing & publishing made easy
- Publishing tools: Choose when articles are published.
- WYSIWYG editor: Edit content without any knowledge of code.
- Content versioning: You will never again lose a previous important version of your article and other changes on your site.
- Article management: Add, manage and organize your articles.
- Frontend editing: Edit your content while browsing your site.
- Editor buttons: Add extra functions to your content in 1 click.
- Drag & Drop image: Adding an image is as easy as dragging and dropping it from your computer directly into the content. This works anywhere that you are using the default TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor.
- Media manager: A tool to upload and maintain images and other files.
- Categories: Be able to create categories with nesting and no limits on depth.
Great Core functionalities
- Redirect: Easily redirect URLs when needed.
- Banners: Monetise your website by adding banners or ads.
- Contacts: Add several contacts, departments and contact forms.
- Tags: When categorisation is not enough to structure your content.
- Syndication: Create a RSS feed from your content.
- News feed: Show an external news feed on your website.
- Custom fields : 15 different field types to add to articles, users, and contacts.
- Search: Visitors will be able to quickly and easily find the appropriate information.
- Messaging: Sent messages in between administrators.
CMS Management made easy
- Easy core update: Keep your Joomla! up to date with 1 click.
- Easy extensions update: Keep your extensions up to date easy and fast.
- Install from web: Install extensions without leaving your backend.
- User registration: Allow visitors to register and gain access to additional resources.
Global and professional support
- Extended documentation: A complete wiki about Joomla!
- Integrated help system: Joomla! has an in-app contextual help system.
- Helpful forum: Our worldwide community of world class developers and business consultants actively help at no cost.
- Professional service providers: Who can help build & maintain your Joomla! project.
Take Joomla! to the next level as developer
- Extended developer documentation: All you need to know to start extending Joomla!
- Microdata library implementation : Incorporate microdata more easily into your extensions and sites.
- PHP 7 support : We prefer PHP 7 to run on.
- Secure Coding guidelines : Best practice for coding in Joomla!
- MVC : Joomla makes extensive use of the Model-View-Controller design pattern.
- Extend further with the Framework : Create both web and command line applications.
- Routing system: New and more flexible interface to handle creating and processing URLs.
Your Virtual Machine Specs
Your Joomla! Server will be running on an isolated and secure Virtual Machine with the following configuration 1 :
- CPU: 1 vCPU on 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7260U Physical Processor(s)
- Base Frequency: 2.20 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB on 32 GB DDR4-2133 Physical Memory Chip(s)
- DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 34.1 GB/s
- Disk Size: 15.56 GB on 1TB M.2. SSD Physical Storage Chip(s)
- M.2 Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Sequential Read: 530 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 510 MB/s
- Random Read IOPS: 92 K
- Random Write IOPS: 83 K
Note 1 : Virtual Machine Resources are already optimized for performance. Under extreme usage or circumstances, more resources can be easily acquired via our Add-ons section.