etcd Distributed Key-value Store
etcd is a distributed key-value store designed to securely store data across a cluster.
etcd is widely used in production on account of its reliability, fault-tolerance and ease of use.
* Admin Package included: OpenVPN, SSH, SFTP, OS root access
etcd is a distributed key value store that provides a reliable way to store data across a cluster of machines.
etcd is open-source and provides shared configuration and service discovery for Container Linux clusters.
etcd runs on each machine in a cluster and gracefully handles leader elections during network partitions and will tolerate machine failure, including the loss of the current leader.
Application containers running on your cluster can read and write data into etcd.
Common examples are storing database connection details, cache settings or feature flags in etcd as key value pairs.
These values can be watched, allowing your app to reconfigure itself when they change.
Advanced uses take advantage of the consistency guarantees to implement database leader elections or do distributed locking across a cluster of workers.
Your Virtual Machine Specs
Your etcd Server will be running on an isolated and secure Virtual Machine with the following configuration 1 :
- CPU: 1 vCPU on 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7260U Physical Processor(s)
- Base Frequency: 2.20 GHz
- Max Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Memory: 1024 MB on 32 GB DDR4-2133 Physical Memory Chip(s)
- DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM
- Max Memory Bandwidth: 34.1 GB/s
- Disk Size: 16.06 GB on 1TB M.2. SSD Physical Storage Chip(s)
- M.2 Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Sequential Read: 530 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 510 MB/s
- Random Read IOPS: 92 K
- Random Write IOPS: 83 K
Note 1 : Virtual Machine Resources are already optimized for performance. Under extreme usage or circumstances, more resources can be easily acquired via our Add-ons section.